jueves, 14 de marzo de 2013

International Motor Show Geneva 2013 (English version)


As It couldn't be otherwise, yesterday I was in the 83rd International Motor Show in Geneva. It's opened since the 7th until the 17th of march and this is one of the five most importants motor shows in the world. Personally, I don't know a lot about the cars' technical issues, so if you were expecting this kind of information, I'm sorry but you are not goint to find it here. Anyway, I didn't want to miss it.

I was lucky, because a swiss friend had passes, so I enjoyed his company (because i was going to go on my own) and I saved the cost of the tickets-entrance (16 francs = 13 euros), moreover we could enter to see McClaren's cars, 'cause the entrance for making photos wasn't allowed in big brands like McClaren, Ferrari, Maserati, Morgan o Bugatti, etc.


McClaren P1. (I'm the disturbing girl). 






Back to the future's
(Delorean MC12).






Beyond the immensity of CV and luxury, different ecological stakes were also the main subject. The most "modest" brands were offering a wide range of hybrid cars, electric ones or using natural gas. On the contrary, luxury cars, which reach lots of kilometers per hour, consume four times more than an electric one. 


As a curiosity, a hybrid Mazda (I'M SORRY I don't know the concret name) consumed as a media less than 4 litres of fuel per 100 Km. Bugatti Veyron shown below, however, consume more than 24 l. / 100 Km. 


In the Official Website, you can see more photos and information. This is just a selection of the ones that I have liked or caught my attention.






The "star", Ferrari, LaFerrari (800 C.V.)









Spano GTA, with Seat, is the only spanish brand. It's a limited edition. They're just 99.










Porsche. First and last version.










Mini in the top.






 



My favourites: Morgan Plus 4. (I looked for the price for curiosity, 35.000 pounds at least, 40.200 euros. Apparently, they're made by hand).







To sum up, this is the view since the Seat VIP zone (less than a half of the whole Salon). 


It was a great experience. Very kind people working in Skoda took me some photos, I drank a beer for free in Seat, ate sweets in Chevrolet, drunk Red Bull for free... ¡Ah! And I saw countless cars :P I loved the experience. If you're making turism trough Geneva, the visit is compulsory.

P.S. Thanks to Iñaki Gil for the help with cars' names. 

1 comentario:

  1. Menudos coches!!!!pero lo mejor es la super rubia q sale anunciando el coche amarillo, je, je. Mi preciosa sobrina María. Menudas aventuras. Sigue disfrutando, a tope. Besitos. Susana Cerrato.

    ResponderEliminar